Site Specific Dress Code
Any dress, grooming, or appearance, which disrupts, or tends to disrupt the educational process, or affect the health or safety of individuals, shall be prohibited (Education Code 48900 (K), 35161, 35183, 35291.5, 35294.1; C.A.C. Title V, Section 302; and Board Policy 5135, 5135.1, and 5137
- SUPERINTENDENTS’ DIRECTIVE THAT COMPLIES WITH BOARD POLICY 5135 RELATED TO GANG ACTIVITY:
Students may not wear or possess hats, caps, or other head covering during school hours. Hoods and knit caps that are grey or black may be worn during cold weather only, but not in the classroom.
Prohibited “Gang Related” Or Other Apparel / Clothing
(Approved by the School Safety Committee)
- NO RED OR BLUE CLOTHES- If the banned color is visible from 25 feet, It is not allowed. All gang specific colors including bright red, burgundy, light blue, navy, and turquoise. (Any shades of blue or red are not allowed. Clothing in red/blue or shades thereof that are not allowed include, but not limited to: shawls, jackets, sweaters, vests, shirts, sports jerseys, blouses, dresses, pants, tights, shorts, socks, hair bands, shoes, (foot coverings), earrings/ear plugs, bracelets (Rubber kind included) Sagging while wearing red/blue shorts underneath. Students on our “at risk” list for no red or blue still can not wear ANY red or blue as described in this policy.
- NO TANK TOP UNDERSHIRTS OR ANY INAPPROPRIATE SHIRTS – Example “Thizz Nation (Ecstasy), Mack Dre, Hyphy, South Pole, Nor Cal, Snitches, Any directional shirt or area code. Nor Cal and Cali Shirts. North Star, California Flag. Last Kings, Latin Kings, Lewd suggestive prints on shirts, Palm Incorporated, Trees, Drug Paraphernalia, Clown Masks
- NO BACKPACKS ON CAMPUS
- NO GLOVES – Leather or batting gloves
- NO STEEL TOED BOOTS
- NO RED OR BLUE SHOELACES/ Belts
- NO CHAINS- Such as belt or wallet, etc
- NO PUNCHED OUT BELT BUCKLES
- NO Nike athletic shoes (CORTEZ)
- NO Jordan 14’s
- NO PANT LEGS – one up and one down
- NO Gang related tattoos of any kind
- NO RAGS, CLOTHS, TOWELS, T-SHIRTS – of any color around the neck.
- NO SOUTH SIDE, NORTH SIDE, EAST SIDE, WEST SIDE ON ANY CLOTHING.
- LONG KNEE LENGTH SOCKS CAN NOT BE WORN WITH SHORT PANTS
- HAIR- No red or blue hair dye or hair accessories, braids in groups of 4, Mongolian/Top knot, Hair long on top, sides shaved, or Mud Flaps. No notched eyebrows.
Other Prohibited Objects
- Felt tipped pens – Permanent markers, glass bottles or containers.
All students who leave the school premises during the school day and return are subjected to search. Any student who is out of bounds within the school campus is subject to search.