English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- Each California public school with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). The ELAC shall be responsible for the following tasks.
- Advising the principal and staff in the development of a site plan for English learners and submitting the plan to the School Site Council for consideration of inclusion in the School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Assisting in the development of the schoolwide needs assessment.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
- Each ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC). Districts with 31 or more ELACs may use a system of proportional or regional representation.
ELAC Meeting #1 (9/21/20):
ELAC Meeting #2 (10/26/20):
ELAC Meeting #3 (12/7/20):
ELAC Meeting #4 (1/19/21):