A.R.T. stands for Aggression Replacement Training; this program has ben proven to assist youth in strengthening the life-skills areas of problem-solving, affective (emotional) control and in learning more positive skills needed to help them to be successful in their daily lives.
A.R.T. is a 3 part module: Skills streaming, Anger Control Trainings, & Moral Reasoning Modules. These three modules have cognitive, emotional & behavioral components which combine to create a greater effect on teaching youth new ways to respond.
Why it works!
- Skills streaming, Anger Control Trainings & Moral Reasoning Modules.
- Engages youth to go beyond the survival mentality.
- Allows dialogue between youth and the facilitators to express ideas, beliefs and concerns.
- Teaches Pro-Social skills that are encouraged to be applied at every opportunity.
Goals for A.R.T. Group members
- Be able to deal with stress and anger in a pro-social manner
- Reduce negative consequences by learning to effectively think ahead
- Improve communication skills
- Form positive relationships with peers and adult support persons
- Develop or improve communication skills